Saturday, October 15, 2011

Rosemary Appreciation


What is it about fall that makes a girl want to bake? Okay, I might as well be totally honest, all seasons make me want to bake- even summer. Fall, however, inspires a particularly strong urge in me to buy flour in bulk.

I am way into breads right now because they are a departure from my normal repertoire of cakes and brownies. Yeast was the final frontier of my baking world and I am exploring new territory every weekend.

I made rosemary focaccia for the first time and was smitten with the results (and with myself for making a completely successful result because I sort of believe every bread I attempt will result in epic failure).

My pot of rosemary has been growing wildly all summer and was begging to be appreciated in some way. I also had some shallots and tomatoes from our garden so I sauteed the shallots with olive oil and sliced the tomato to use as a topping. I wish I had used twice as much because they really the star (sorry, rosemary).

The recipe was curiously lacking garlic, which seemed criminal to me. I added a few minced cloves to the dough and to the oil I drizzled over the top. I also added rosemary to the dough after reading some of the recipe reviewers suggestions. We ate some, gave some away, and I made amazing croutons with the rest!


Head over to A Southern Fairytale for more yummy ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I love rosemary foccacia it's the perfect partner for any meal!

    ReplyDelete