Friday, December 30, 2011

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With Strings

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With Strings

It’s one of my favorite times of the year! It’s time to get everything put away and get the house back in order. Seriously, as much as I love putting up the Christmas tree and hanging the stocking by the chimney with care…I think I love putting my house back together even more!!

As I was wrapping our seemingly endless piles of gifts we were giving, I made a huge mess out of my stash of wrapping papers, tissue paper, gift bags, ribbons, etc. It got me thinking, once again, about ways to organize gift wrap. Ideally, I would love to one of these Elfa Gift Wrapping Carts from the Container Store. They’re actually on sale right now!! Wooohooo, well…if you have over a hundred dollars to spend on gift wrap organization, which I do NOT. Another day!

Here are some other options at the Container Store:

I REALLY like this one!

This is the one I actually have. I don't love it, but it works!

Ok, but check this one out. I saw it on Pinterest….if you’re not on pinterest, you MUST check it out. I’ll send you an invite if you need one! Anyways, it’s at Ikea, and it’s $1.99, and you can order it online! It’s actually a storage doohicky for plastic bags, but it’s great for storing gift wrap! The only downside is that it’s not portable. You have to screw it into your wall. Perhaps in your gift wrapping room?

There’s always some more homespun storage ideas, like converting a hamper or a (cute-ish) trash can.

I also liked this idea from Real Simple (LOVE them) about using skirt hangers for tissue paper, etc. I might have to use that one!

Are you ready for the grand finale? Martha Stewart is designing craft room furniture now, which includes a gift wrap cabinet and hutch! LOVE!!!!! If I had the space, I would SO want this!!!

Check out lots of other fun and frugal ideas for Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest!


The Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment